An elegant collectable Visconti's latest limited edition, Istos Aracnis, meaning spider in Greek, pays tribute to a famous myth where the mortal Arachne challenges the goddess Athena to a weaving competition. Angering Athena with her overbearing display of pride in her skill as a weaver, Arachne is transformed into a spider and sentenced to weave and spin forever.
Limited to only 888 pieces, the Istos Aracnis Limited Edition marries superior craftsmanship with ancient Greek mythology. The pen is made from black Lucite featuring a sterling silver overlay cut into a spider web pattern. White enamel is then hand painted over the web to highlight the intricate design. The elegant craftsmanship displayed in this instrument does not tend toward gaudy in any way; our opinion. Available in fountain pen only, featuring Visconti's patented 'double reservoir power filler' filling system and Visconti's DREAMTOUCH™ 23k palladium nib. Available in extra fine through broad.
- Overall Size - 5 15/16 in. x 11/16 in. (150mm x 17mm)
- Body - 5 3/8 in. x 9/16 in. (137mm x 15mm)
- Cap - 2 9/16 in. x 11/16 in. (72mm x 17mm)
- Weight - 55 g
- Composition - Black lucite
- Appointments - Sterling silver
- Nib - 23k Palladium
- Ink - High vacuum double reservoir - bottle ink filled only
- Engraving - This pen does not have a space for engraving or the material simply does not allow us to engrave. - Learn more about engraving